Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 01:11:05 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: src/ licensing

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 04:44:31PM -0300, Claudio Andr? wrote:
> On bleeding, GPLv2 should be listed inside licensing.txt for 'my'
> formats. I won't do it myself, but magnum 'have' to do it to reflect the
> real situation.

The currently committed john-1.7.9-jumbo-7-licensing.txt correctly
reflects 1.7.9-jumbo-7 and it has this version right in the filename, so
it would be inappropriate to edit it to reflect the current situation
instead.  (That's a job for another file.)  However, we may in fact add
a general warning/disclaimer to it saying that it only pertains to
version 1.7.9-jumbo-7 and that some files have been re-licensed since
1.7.9-jumbo-7, including some under more restrictive terms.  Perhaps we
should do that.

Alexander