Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 17:51:00 -0300
From: Claudio André <claudioandre.br@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: src/ licensing

Em 19-04-2013 17:24, Solar Designer escreveu:
> Claudio, magnum, Jim, Frank, all -
>
> FYI, in case this was not clear by now, my intent is to cut down on the
> use of GPL in JtR tree.  Ideally, no files added in jumbo should be
> GPL'ed.

No problems to me.

>> 2. to all 'my' format files and OpenCL files i used GPLv2.
> OK, we will respect your preference if we have to (just like we respect
> Samuele's), but why?

It is not easy to talk about preferences. Probably, what makes you avoid
GPL is what makes me prefer it. I simply love when someone call GPL a
cancer.

All 'my' common code are BSD or public domain. Only 'my' format files
are GPL and format files are easy to remove/avoid.
For now, my preference is keep 'my' format files the way they are.

Claudio