Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 00:41:22 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: src/ licensing

Claudio,

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 02:33:46PM -0300, Claudio Andr? wrote:
> If so, any commit i made in, for instance, opencl: md4, md5, password
> safe, office 2013, etc., could follow this rule.
> If not, i consider them trivial work not allowing a copyright.

Do I understand your preference correctly:

1. For your own (written from scratch) source files, you want to use
GPLv2.

2. For your changes to source files originally written by others, you
want to use the most relaxed terms possible, such as our cut-down BSD
license or not considering them subject to copyright at all.

Is that it?

Thanks,

Alexander