Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 01:12:54 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: basename portability 'fix'.

Parts of your patch has CRLF and parts of it does not. This made git disregard most of it as "whitespace errors" :-)  Also, I get this:

misc.c: In function 'jtr_basename_r':
misc.c:199:19: warning: variable 'name' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
misc.c: In function 'jtr_basename_r':
misc.c:199:19: warning: variable 'name' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]

I guess we can just drop all statements that declare or set name?

If this is safer than our portability workarounds, I suppose Lukas could merge it to his get_basename() code that also strips an arbitrary list of extensions.

magnum