Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 07:12:34 -0800 (PST)
From: deepika dutta <deepikadutta_19@...oo.com>
To: "john-dev@...ts.openwall.com" <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: mschapv2-bitsliced conversion- openmp support

Hi, I came back after  a long time to John-dev to see your email.

Actually, I worked on coverting the DES_bs_crypt_plain(), which I had added to do single DES encryption, into SSE implementation.  I have added this function into the x86-sse.S file. Since the code in this file was in assembly language, I tried some copy-pasting from previous code and added some assembly code myself to get the single DES encryption working. I compiled this program using linux-x86-64 option, everything is working fine and the latest banchmarks for bitsliced implementation are given below. You can test for yourself. The patch is attached.

**I have also implemented the single DES encryption code using sse intrinsics
taking help from your code. This I did for my personal use :)

Bitsliced DES code in mschapv2 banchmark.
My machine: 64 bit Ubuntu, Intel Core 2 Duo processor.

Generic-Without
 openmp
Benchmarking: MSCHAPv2 C/R MD4 DES [DES_BS_MSCHAPv2]... DONE
Many salts:    20068K c/s real, 20068K c/s virtual
Only one salt:
  3322K c/s real, 3322K c/s virtual

Generic-With openmp
Benchmarking: MSCHAPv2 C/R MD4 DES [DES_BS_MSCHAPv2]... (2xOMP) DONE
Many salts:    37740K c/s real, 19060K c/s virtual
Only one salt:    5648K c/s real, 2852K c/s virtual

linux-x86-64- Without openmp
Benchmarking: MSCHAPv2 C/R MD4 DES [DES_BS_MSCHAPv2-SSE2]... DONE
Many salts:    43646K c/s real, 43646K c/s virtual
Only one salt:    4112K c/s real, 4112K c/s virtual

linux-x86-64- With openmp

Benchmarking: MSCHAPv2 C/R MD4 DES [DES_BS_MSCHAPv2-SSE2]... (2xOMP) DONE
Many salts:    79691K c/s real, 40452K c/s virtual
Only one salt:    6414K c/s real, 3256K c/s virtual

Cheers,
Deepika