Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 17:36:18 +0530
From: Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: sshng2john patch

On Jan 26, 2013 4:29 PM, "magnum" <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:

> On 25 Jan, 2013, at 3:16 , Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com> wrote:
> > This patch fixes problems found by Frank earlier.
> >
> > sshng2john.py used to break in case PyCrypto was missing. Things
> > should be better now.
> >
> > Handling of un-encrypted private keys was broken. This patch should
> > hopefully fix this problem as well.
> >
> > Please review and test.
>
> On OSX and lacking PyCrypto, the patch make it work. What exactly does
"limited features mode" mean?

It means that we won't be able to detect blank passwords.

I think that this feature can be dropped entirely safely.

It is a leftover from ssh2john days where we had this problem of not being
able to detect unencrypted keys.  This is no longer a problem.

Content of type "text/html" skipped