Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 20:27:28 +0100
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: --list= handling moved out of john.c

On 01/15/2013 07:55 PM, magnum wrote:
> Frank,
>
> After tracking down that rec file path bug, I was motivated enough to move the handling of --list out of john.c and into its own new file, listconf.c. That was a relief, way over 500 lines of code was dropped from john.c and it's now feasible to diff it against core again.

Good idea. I was thinking about moving those functions into a separate
file as well.
I didn't really like to find some of the functions needed in john.c,
others in options.c or somewhere else.

> You now have two functions. As stated in listconf.h:
>
> /* Suboptions that can be used before full initialization, like --list=help */
> void listconf_parse_early(void);
>
> /* Suboptions that depend on full initialization, like --list=externals */
> void listconf_parse_late(void);

Excellent.

While looking at the changes:

1.
Should print_hidden_usage() move out of options.c into listconf.c (as a
static function)?

2.
Should we enhance listconf_list_method_names() to include "source" for
FMT_MAIN_VERSION > 9?
Function listconf_parse_late() would need to be enhanced as well, to
handle "source" for FMT_MAIN_VERSION > 9.

Then, it should work for bleeding-jumbo as well.

Frank