Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 21:59:19 -0200
From: Claudio André <claudioandre.br@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Changes to common-opencl.c

Em 13-01-2013 21:39, magnum escreveu:

> I can have a go at the parsing if you want. I really think we should use the provided getopt stuff if it can help us at all, and in this case it seems it has exactly the functionality needed.

Please do!

> Given --device=1,2, what should the parser do? Fill an array somewhere?

Fill a new array. For example, in common-opencl.h
int ocl_device_list[MAXGPUS];

>> BTW: having --device and --devices will disable -de:1 option. Is this ok for everybody?
> Not sure what you mean. What will be disabled?

I saw some errors here. Don't mind.

$ ../run/john -fo:raw-sha256-opencl -t -de:1
Unknown option: "-de:1"

> So you can just as well say --device=1,2 and --devices=3.

I was thinking that (after the change) you still can use, on bull (to
get CPU):

john --platform:1 --device:1

OR
john --devices:2