Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 01:09:34 +0200
From: Milen Rangelov <gat3way@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: bitslice DES on GPU

I am not sure you can do that at run time. Reason is that the binary is
being "transferred" to the GPU at the moment you call clCreateKernel(). Any
change in the binary would not have any effect unless you release the
kernel and create it again (which would involve a memory transfer again).
But that of course involves the transfer costs.

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 10:42 AM, Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Milen Rangelov <gat3way@...il.com> wrote:
>
>> Why would you want to do that via patching (given that they are
>> compile-time constants)?
>

> The so called constants will change with every new salt which is why I
> need to patch them at runtime.
>
> Regards,
> Sayantan

Content of type "text/html" skipped