Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 13:41:29 +0530
From: Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: bitslice DES on GPU

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 1:06 PM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:

> Do you mean the base address gets changed on the CPU side or the GPU
> side?  Relative to what does it change?
>
> What problem does this create, exactly?
>
> I can interpret your statements/question in too many ways for me to try
> answering directly right away.
>
> Please clarify.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alexander

The base address of K[] array gets changed in the opencl kernel. In the
DES_bs_init() function the addresses stored in of *KSp[] array are derived
from the address of key bits array K[]. Now when the key bits array K[] is
transferred to GPU side the base address of the K[] array gets changed
thereby rendering the addresses stored in *KSp[] array invalid.

I'm thinking to transfer a small section of code which generates the *KSp[]
values to the kernel which should fix the problem.

Regards,
Sayantan

Content of type "text/html" skipped