Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 21:08:07 +0400
From: Aleksey Cherepanov <aleksey.4erepanov@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Aleksey's daily status report #12

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 11:35:35PM +0200, Frank Dittrich wrote:
> On 08/17/2012 10:59 PM, Aleksey Cherepanov wrote:
> > - ubuntu warns that package is bad
> >   It is not nice. Maybe ubuntu wants size and license fields. Or maybe
> >   it complains on all packages not from official repo.
>
> I think it is the latter. There's not much you can do about it, except
> ask Solar if he'll sign that package with an Openwall key.
> Even in that case, most distributions will ask the root user whether he
> really trusts that key.

I added Installed-Size field and put informal
/usr/share/doc/johnny/copyright into package and problem is faded.
Ubuntu does not say "The package is of bad quality" more.

It seems that copyright file should be structured to fill license
field of package. Currently package viewers show "License: unknown"
for my package and I do not see other way to make them show something
else.

So problem is not with package's signature (I do not have it).

Thanks!

--
Regards,
Aleksey Cherepanov