Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 22:13:43 +0530
From: Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: *problem* PDF format OMP support

Hi,

Today, I worked on implementing OMP support in PDF format. No luck :(.
The self-tests fail at random locations because of unknown reason. I
have spent hours debugging the problem by failed.

struct custom_salt {
        struct EncData e;
        unsigned char *userpassword;
        /* load and restore following fields */
        unsigned int ekwlen;
        uint8_t encKeyWorkSpace[128];
        uint8_t password_user[33];
        uint8_t rev3TestKey[16];
        unsigned char *currPW;
        unsigned int currPWLen;
        bool knownPassword;
        bool workWithUser;
};

I *think* the problem is due to shared encKeyWorkSpace which the
threads are modifying.

The code is at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1522424/problem_opdf.tar.bz2

Jim, magnum,

Can you take a please take a look? It would be great to have
multi-core PDF cracking support in JtR.

--
Cheers,
Dhiru