Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 19:28:19 +0200
From: Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Lukas status report #13

THIS WEEK:
- got reasonable performance on phpass-opencl (similar to hashcat's)-
needs some testing, if we'll get asic's ...
- helped a bit Dhiru to change my pbkdf2-sha1 code (this includes fix
for wpapsk salt and passlength that I'll post today)
- tried make bootable usb drive with john and cuda support (this
failed because of some issue with my gtx460 video output I wasn't able
to setup driver properly.)
- worked on md5crypt-cuda but without any interesting speedup, and
much dirtier code
- tried to investigate wpapsk FAILED (get_hash[0](0) during -test
reported by an user, but I wasn't able to reproduce that. Should we
mark this format as untrusted in comment?
NEXT WEEK:
- last chance for making md5crypt-opencl fast enough