Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 17:58:10 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: OpenCL implementation of ZIP AES file format

On 2012-07-23 17:39, Dhiru Kholia wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 9:02 PM, magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:
>> On 2012-07-23 17:11, Dhiru Kholia wrote:
>>> I have written OpenCL implementation of ZIP AES file format. Patch
>>> (against magnum-jumbo) attached. Thanks to Lukas for PBKDF2 kernel.
>>
>> Good stuff. Is there a particular reason you have not pushed this and
>> some other recent patches to the GitHub repo? Eventually I'll probably
>> want everyone to use their personal GitHub fork and send pull requests,
>> but in the meantime I'd like you to push directly.
>
> I don't want to break bleeding-jumbo. I still haven't learned how to
> convert old formats to use new interfaces. If this patch passes your
> testing and receives positive feedback from Lukas, then it can be
> committed.

Just push to magnum-jumbo and I'll do the rest. Until I merge
magnum-jumbo into bleeding, nothing bad will happen and when I do and
forget fixing the struct, you can consider it my fault :)

FWIW I suppose we can use FMT_MAIN_VERSION to write formats that can be
unaltered between branches. Like this (untested):

#if FMT_MAIN_VERSION > 9
static char *split(char *ciphertext, int index, struct fmt_main *self)
#else
static char *split(char *ciphertext, int index)
#endif
{
	[split() function here...]
}

struct fmt_main some_fmt = {
	{
		FORMAT_LABEL,
		FORMAT_NAME,
		ALGORITHM_NAME,
		BENCHMARK_COMMENT,
		BENCHMARK_LENGTH,
		PLAINTEXT_LENGTH,
		BINARY_SIZE,
#if FMT_MAIN_VERSION > 9
		DEFAULT_ALIGN, /* or whatever is correct */
#endif
		SALT_SIZE,
#if FMT_MAIN_VERSION > 9
		DEFAULT_ALIGN, /* or whatever is correct */
#endif
		MIN_KEYS_PER_CRYPT,
		MAX_KEYS_PER_CRYPT,
		FMT_CASE | FMT_8_BIT | FMT_OMP,