Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 11:36:38 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Another CVS core bug: Does not load bare hashes

Solar,

I believe current CVS core does not load bare hashes. Specifically, the
CVS core build does not load bare DES and my merged temporary bleeding
branch does not load bare raw-md5u ones. I will just ignore this until
fixed in core.

I think my merge to bleeding-jumbo is nearly finished now. I will commit
it soon. All dynamic formats fail self-test (prepare). I assume that is
a completely trivial bug for Jim. I think most or all other formats that
fails Test Suite now, is due to this bare hashes bug.

Other to-do's: re-enable the source() in Jumbo formats that had it. This
is lower prio but should be trivial. SapG is salted so can't currently
get it back now, but that was just a test of get_source() using salts.

magnum