Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 19:48:51 -0500
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Many new formats added to dynamic (bleeding only at this time)

I only have pushed changes on the bleeding.  But I will get a few bug fixes
to the J7RC, and most of these changes out to jumbo shortly. Once I do that,
I will announce on john-users.

Here are the changes.

1.       Changed the fmt_main structure version to 10 (only valid on
bleeding).

2.       Added split-uni-case.  This needs to go out to all branches,
including J7

3.       Added 5 new crypt types into dynamic.  All sha2's (224, 256, 384,
512), and GOST.  This will end up in mag-jumbo also (but not J7)

4.       Added 3 built in types for each   ($p)  ($s.$p) and ($p.$s).

5.       Each new crypt type has been 'given' a reserved 10 numbers, for
other formats, as we add them.   Sha224 gets 50-59, sha256 gets 60-60, etc.
The numbers are arbitrary, and of our own making, but it would be nice to
get 'some' semblance of grouping.

6.       Added a new 'thin' dynamic format, formspring.  This was added
specifically for the next item.

7.       Added a new regen-salt type (6). This is for formspring, and the
salt is $s.$p where salt is 2 digits, and the hash is dynamic_61
sha256($s.$p).

8.       Found that regen-salt is busted on bleeding.  However, it works
fine on magnum-jumbo.  I have not investigated the problem, but likely it is
the salt hash tables are behaving differently than the older lists.

9.       Changed gost_plug.c so that the gost init function (that builds the
sbox data), can be called multiple times.  This is needed if benchmarking,
and more than one format is a gost format.  Every format using gost needs to
call the init function, or gost gives wrong results (found this after
spending 30 minutes debugging).

10.   The TS has been fully updated (for all new SHA2 and gost formats in
dynamic).   All new format have, been fully tested, and are working.

11.   Pass_gen.pl has been fully update for all new dynamic types, and can
handle expressions just like the md5/sha1 expressions, but now for sha256,
sha512, gost, etc.  All the new formats.  So now
sha256(MD5($p.$s).gost_64($s.$p).$p) will output the proper sha256 string,
after building the uppercase hex md5 of $p.$s appending the base-64 gost
output of $s.$p, and appending $p to the tail end.

Again, at this time, only bleeding (and the TS) have been updated.

Content of type "text/html" skipped