Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 05:59:50 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: phpass OpenCL and CUDA

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 03:50:50AM +0200, Lukas Odzioba wrote:
> 2012/6/26 Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>:
> > Do you happen to know what password lengths the published hashcat speeds
> > are for?
> I do not know, but I'll check that later. I am assuming you're curious
> more about AMD speeds?

There's a lot more room for improvement in the AMD speeds, yes, however
we are closer to or maybe even ahead of hashcat for CUDA on the GTX 570
(depending on what password length hashcat's speed was for, which we
don't know).  On 7970, we were twice slower than hashcat, and now with
the reverted code we're 3 or 4 times slower.

Alexander