Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 01:40:23 +0400
From: Aleksey Cherepanov <aleksey.4erepanov@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Aleksey's status report #10

This status report has attached code not for users so it is on
john-dev. During last week I finished skeleton of wrapper to send
attack descriptions to the server. It is skeleton because it lacks too
much: error handling, separate settings (everything is hardcoded in),
full description (only part is sent).

There are a lot of todos in the code. I considered them not so
important for this time and I'd like to start work on the second point
in summer part of my timeline. Please fix me if I am wrong and should
add more stuff to the first point now. The code is attached. Frank,
please review it. (Though it does not seem to be easy to run it. So I
do not expect you to run it. It would be a waste of time.)

Done

> - Implement part of wrapper to send attack description

Skeleton is done. So I will bury this point till full skeleton will be
ready.

- Share progress and make it regular

No repo yet.

To do

> - Fix markup on the wiki page

> - Look into other possible collaboration server side tool
> - Compare them by speed

> - Draft implementation of server side

> - Research possible statistics and their importance

> - Keep discussions

> - Develop plan B for server side

- Set repo up

> - Draft implementation of client side
- To develop part of wrapper to send progress information

I think this could be a thread in wrapper that looks into john's log.
Or it could be a daemon: each wrapper registers a log to monitor for
each run, then every some minutes daemon collects information and
sends it all together. The second seems to be more rational.

Also it makes me to think about hierarchal uploads of progress. Though
it is uncertain and does not seem to be reasonable now.

Regards,
Aleksey Cherepanov