Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 21:44:28 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Jumbo candidate vs Test Suite

On 2012-06-25 21:18, Lukas Odzioba wrote:
> 2012/6/25 magnum<john.magnum@...hmail.com>:
>> Lukas,
>>
>> I played around with this but could not find any vectorized that worked. We
>> now have a working version in the tree that is your older non-vectorized
>> format, hand-edited for new names/labels/etc and shared
>> opencl_find_best_workgroup(). It works fine with GTX570. Please try to get
>> the cuda mscash formats working. From what is committed now, you need to
>> #include "unicode.h" for a starter.
>>
>> I'll have a look and see if I can give you some hints (in case it's just
>> Unicode problems).
>
> Ok, I tried phpass on e5474 and it is not working.
> I'll try to do sth with mscash now.

Most (all?) of the funky Unicode stuff are in functions that are not
specific to GPU. For example, You will need to copy (at least parts of)
valid() and get_salt() from the CPU format(s) because otherwise you
*will* thrash the buffer. One single, early, buffer over-run and you
often have disabled the ability to crack anymore.

magnum