Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 17:50:22 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: add --list=format-all-details

If someone has a better name for the new option, or suggests better
wording for some of the attributes, I'd be happy.

--list=format-all-details lists the same as --list=format-details, but
in a more elaborate form intended to be read by humans.

 $ ./john --list=format-all-details
Format label                    	des
Max. password length in bytes   	8
Min. keys per crypt             	128
Max. keys per crypt             	128
Flags
    Case sensitive              	yes
    8-bit                       	no
    Converts 8859-1 (to unicode)	no
    Honours --encoding=utf8     	no
    False positives possible    	no
    Uses bitslice implementation	yes
    split() unifies case        	no
Number of test cases for --test 	5
Algorithm name                  	128/128 BS SSE2
Format name                     	Traditional DES

Format label                    	bsdi
Max. password length in bytes   	64
Min. keys per crypt             	128
Max. keys per crypt             	128
Flags
    Case sensitive              	yes
    8-bit                       	no
    Converts 8859-1 (to unicode)	no
    Honours --encoding=utf8     	no
    False positives possible    	no
    Uses bitslice implementation	yes
    split() unifies case        	no
Number of test cases for --test 	12
Algorithm name                  	128/128 BS SSE2
Format name                     	BSDI DES

Format label                    	md5
Max. password length in bytes   	15
Min. keys per crypt             	12
Max. keys per crypt             	12
Flags
    Case sensitive              	yes
    8-bit                       	yes
    Converts 8859-1 (to unicode)	no
    Honours --encoding=utf8     	no
    False positives possible    	no
    Uses bitslice implementation	no
    split() unifies case        	no
Number of test cases for --test 	20
Algorithm name                  	128/128 SSE2 intrinsics 12x
Format name                     	FreeBSD MD5

Should I change "Honours" (copied from the formats.h source code) to
"Honors"?

For an OMP build, the OMP Flag would also be listed as well.

In doc/OPTIONS, I had to replace several tabs with spaces, to align the
output independent on tab width settings.

Frank

View attachment "0001-add-list-format-all-details.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (17753 bytes)