Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 11:55:45 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: RFC: Add --list=format-details support?

On 06/20/2012 09:54 AM, Frank Dittrich wrote:
> On 06/20/2012 01:32 AM, magnum wrote:
>> - I'd like min left of max (not very important, just my reflection).
>
> Sure, that should be changed.
> Moving format_name into the last column could also be a good idea,
> because this is probably the column with the largest variety of output
> length. If we move it to the end, the other columns will be a little bit
> more aligned on the screen.

I changed the sequence of columns, so that alignment is improved
(algorithm_name and format_name moved to the end), and
min_keys_per_crypt left of max_keys_per_crypt.

The format name currently is between 2 and 13 characters long, so that
the alignment still isn't perfect.
Should I care, to improve readability for humans?

Frank

View attachment "0001-Change-sequence-of-columns-for-list-format-details.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (1182 bytes)