Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 17:38:03 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Magnum jumbo Cygwin errors

On 06/06/2012 04:50 PM, Rich Rumble wrote:
> I've just tried to compile the git repo for magnum jumbo and it's
> failed, attached is the error. I also tried the contest tarball in
> /home/dist and attached it's (alternate) failure in case it too is of
> use. The official jumbo however does build on my system. I've tried
> other cygwin targets (sse2i, mmx) with the same error.

Contest bug is fixed, thanks for finding that (patch attached in case
you need it). I have no idea why my gcc did not even warn about this!?

The magnum-jumbo problem is known (GOST clashes with newer OpenSSL). I'm
not sure who will do this but the quickest fix is to rename gost_init()
to jtr_gost_init() in gost_plug.c and change all references to it in
gost_fmt_plug.c accordingly. Or, in case you don't need GOST, just move
gost* to unused/ and re-build.

magnum

View attachment "0001-wordlist.c-Wrong-label-kept-after-merging-EndOfFile-.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (744 bytes)