Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 00:17:55 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [JtR patch] Fast cracker for Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird
 and SeaMonkey master passwords.

On 03/25/2012 08:35 PM, Dhiru Kholia wrote:
> I have just committed OMP support for mozilla format. It is roughly
> 1.5x faster using 3 cores. So far, I can't identify where the
> bottleneck is (help / profiling needed!). Also OMP support isn't
> tested rigorously and it might have some bugs.

I tried profiling without OMP (this will likely show the reason for poor
scaling), but it segfaults. Did you try non-OMP after adding OMP
support? I won't look further unless you say it's works fine for you.

Please do not commit the OMP_FLAGS change in Makefile, I have reverted
it once before. I reverted it again now together with some trivial
stderr changes in mozilla2john - I forgot about the changed syntax and
did not see the error until I looked into the resulting file :)

By the way, when pulling with local uncommitted changes, please use "git
pull --rebase" for avoiding unnecessary merges like 11e1a23.

magnum