Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 06:11:31 +0800
From: myrice <qqlddg@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Working on DES format on CUDA

Hi,

Solar, All

I am currently working on DES and will first implement it on CUDA. I will
track my progress and ask questions in this post.

Here are some of my questions(Tried but not get the answer :( )

1) How can I debug the JtR. I add -g to CFLAGS in Makefile. But gdb still
can not find the symbols

2) I read the code in DES_fmt.c, it seems that it is a DES-Based algorithm.
Now I do not clear about how the salt is obtained. The only available
information I found about salt on DES is old unix /etc/passwd. They add 2
characters at the front of the encrypted password. However,
the DES_raw_get_salt is more complex. Is there any document about this? I
think I will implement original DES algorithm first. Does that okay?

Thanks!

Dongdong Li

Content of type "text/html" skipped