Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 13:17:59 -0400
From: Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: PoC cracker for Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird passwords.

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 5:16 PM, magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:
> For people wanting to test this format, it depends on Network Security
> Services (NSS), on my dpkg system I just installed libnss3-dev and all
> was fine.
Will we also be able to use NSS in jumbo to compile in windows? It appears
as though NSS 3.7.7 can be used on Cygwin (not sure about MinGW).
Firemaster seems to include some Mozilla/NSS code in the .cpp & .h files,
lowpbe,sha_fast and a non-mozilla des.cpp/.h (jtr may already have
better S-boxes?).
I'm just a bit curious how john does this with current algorithms,
probably drawing
on OpenSSL for most?
-rich