Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 14:08:34 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Dragonfly BSD SHA2

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 09:06:41AM +0100, magnum wrote:
> The 32-bit DragonFly formats are now confirmed correct for hashes from a
> real system.

Great!

> I suppose I need to make two separate formats for the 64-bit versions.

Yes.  I think they can share the same source files with the 32-bit
formats, but provide extra format structs.

> And maybe the 64-bit versions should have precedence when auto-loading?

Yes, unless it turns out that the extra 4 bytes (after the explicit
magic string) actually differ between DragonFly versions on 64-bit.
You may need to make two or more 64-bit installs of DragonFly (different
versions - e.g., just after they introduced this SHA-2 stuff vs. latest).

Thanks,

Alexander