Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 21:27:03 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: testing -xop targets

Hi,

We got first benchmarks of JtR's -xop builds on Bulldozer:

http://www.linux.org.ru/news/hardware/7282032/page1#comment-7284811

XOP is actually faster than AVX (due to the smaller DES S-box gate
count), but both are slower than Sandy Bridge's AVX.

Also, 256-bit XOP and AVX is very slow on Bulldozer.  I need to update
the 32-bit -xop target to use 128-bit XOP instead.

Alexander