Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 20:11:11 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: recent and planned changes in main tree

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 07:14:21PM +0200, magnum wrote:
> The enclosed patch was never posted separately but is the rebased
> john-1.7.8-external-events.diff that was included with j6rc2. It should
> be applied with -R to get rid of this from RC2 without hassle.

Thank you!  This is precisely what I just did (removed the feature from
-jumbo, to be replaced with the official implementation once we move to
1.7.9-jumbo's).

> BTW note that applying all our incremental patches may not quite end up
> the same as Jumbo-6-RC2. I believe some things was included while
> wrapping up RC2 and never posted as an incremental patch. Also, RC1 was
> put together because one of the incremental patches leading up to it was
> inconsistent as posted, so it will reject.

Thanks for letting me know.  So I took the tarball, diff'ed it against
-jumbo-5, and skimmed over those diffs - instead of reviewing the
incremental patches.

Alexander