Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 19:14:21 +0200
From: magnum <rawsmooth@...dband.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: recent and planned changes in main tree

On 2011-09-18 10:25, Solar Designer wrote:
> magnum -
>
> On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 07:06:20PM +0200, magnum wrote:
>> BTW we also included your own john-1.7.8-external-events.diff, I see
>> it's not included in core.
> Due to your reminder, I've just implemented the feature differently, and
> this new and official implementation is now committed to the main CVS

The enclosed patch was never posted separately but is the rebased
john-1.7.8-external-events.diff that was included with j6rc2. It should
be applied with -R to get rid of this from RC2 without hassle.

BTW note that applying all our incremental patches may not quite end up
the same as Jumbo-6-RC2. I believe some things was included while
wrapping up RC2 and never posted as an incremental patch. Also, RC1 was
put together because one of the incremental patches leading up to it was
inconsistent as posted, so it will reject.

magnum

View attachment "john-1.7.8-jumbo-6-rc2-external-events.diff" of type "text/x-patch" (1254 bytes)