Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 18:05:07 -0500
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: Problem seen in 1.7.8-Jumbo-6-RC3

>From: Solar Designer [mailto:solar@...nwall.com]
>
>OK, not a real release candidate anymore.

I have patch 0002- uploaded.  This undoes the prior change, and does it
correctly.

I have tested win32-sse build:
-test=0
-test=0 -enc=utf8
-test=3
full test suite (in quick mode, which skips the slowest formats).

All tests were happy.

NOTE the test suite does not have tests yet for the new encodings (in patch
0001), so I cannot comment on them.  They also reorganized the code, to be
in the same 'sorting order' as the output listing.  However, they did appear
to have the proper sections of code modified, and adding an encoding 'is'
pretty much boiler plate cut/paste/namechange coding, once the perl scripts
magnum and I worked on were completed.  So I am hopeful the 2 new encodings
are working fully.  All of the other encodings are still happy after the
code moving (the test suite shows this).

I will perform the same tests on win32-any, win32-OMP-any,
Solaris-64/32/64-omp/32-omp. I will try the Solaris stuff with the 'real'
release, with the limited patches I have to make to the makefile
(non-standard openssl directories, because I had to build them myself).  But
it is likely the stdint/bool crap is still going to fail.

Jim.