Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 23:10:23 +0200
From: Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: #include "john.conf2" (a wish list item)

2011/8/26 jfoug <jfoug@....net>:
>  When cfg_init() returns, I decrement the recursion level.  If
> the recursion level exceeds 4, then john bails out with an error message (to
> avoid john.conf including john.confx which includes john.conf, or some
> similar sillyness).

Does it really eliminates cycles in include graph? I don't know the
code but is it ok when john.conf includes john.conf, and even with
recursion level restricion will be processed four times? Maybe it
would be better to just have table of processed filenames, and before
processing next included file seek it in table. This way we don't care
about recursion level.

I am just asking.
By the way, I wanted to implement that feature but you were faster,
good for you :)

Lukas