Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 15:55:09 -0500
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: .include "other_rule_group"  (a wish list item)

Patch 0002 to jumbo-6rc1 is another enhancement from the wish list. This
change will allow a rules section to add an include line, that will pull in
another rules section.

This would have been VERY helpful to have had done, prior to the
crack-me-if-u-can contest.  There we had dozens of rules from kore, and
could have simply kept them in the conf file, and then built a new rules
section (or several of them), that included the other rules groups, in
different order.

The change here was pretty trivial.  There is no recursive checking (which I
am not quite sure how to do), so doing something like this:

[List.Rules:test]

:

.include "test"

Will be a very bad thing to do.

Again, dox have not been updated.  I just put this out now, as a PoC, but it
does work, and is fully functional (in my testing).

Jim.

Content of type "text/html" skipped