Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 02:04:40 +0200
From: magnum <rawsmooth@...dband.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Problems with the 0007 patch

On 2011-08-15 01:52, JimF wrote:
> I have not had a chance to look at 0010 other than looking at the patch
> code. It appears good.
>
> I wonder if this would be applicable to mscash1, or any other 'fast'
> format?

mscash1 is very fast and use an identical set_key_helper() as NT, so it
would probably benefit, but much less. There is a small performance drop
for the "Only one salt" case. I'll do it and post a patch.

I think all other formats use shared functions. We can probably optimise
something in the shared code too. There are some beneficial inlining we
are currently missing unless we build with icc.

magnum