Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 04:16:02 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: opencl patch for 1.7.8-jumbo5

On Fri, Aug 05, 2011 at 01:58:26AM +0200, Samuele Giovanni Tonon wrote:
> we could try to merge it with jumbo, the only problem i see at the
> moment is the lack to a proper nvidia/ati/opencl support on linux distro
> but i hope it will be fixed soon.
> I'm planning also to put some kind of documentation in the doc/ folder
> to make it easier to understand

Sounds good.

I think merging with jumbo is desirable if we don't break any builds for
any other platforms (CPU-only).  Ditto for Lukas' patches.  I think this
should be possible for both, by simply being careful with our changes to
the Makefile (keep GPU-specific stuff to new make targets).

Thanks,

Alexander