Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 22:33:50 +0200
From: magnum <rawsmooth@...dband.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: patches page update

On 2011-07-24 17:12, magnum wrote:
> On 2011-07-24 16:04, Solar Designer wrote:
>> Is the primary reason for your patch file naming change that there were
>> too many files in the john directory?
>
> No, it's actually git's naming scheme. I just do "git format-patch xx"

Maybe I should add that I never intended to introduce a new naming
standard, I was just lazy and didn't expect Jim to follow. But right now
I think it's pretty clear - there is no doubt about patch order. Anyway
I'll keep using this naming scheme at least for this run of the Jumbo
mill. I just uploaded a 0006 patch, that does nothing important but
opens up for easier life in the future. Simplified code, unified
get_key() functions for a number of formats that previously had a
separate get_key_utf8().

magnum