Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 21:29:55 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Plugin formats "released"

magnum, Jim -

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 11:18:51AM +0200, magnum wrote:
> Maybe try this instead (together with the two other lines from our
> initial version), removing some of the weirdness:
>
> PLUGFORMATS_SRCS: sh =if [ -f john.c ]; then echo *_plug.c; fi
>
> Now the -f does not get several arguments but is still always true. And
> we use echo instead of ls. This *should* work but who knows, I recall
> some odd magic was needed to get it work - maybe there need to be two
> wildcards for some reason? I have no Solaris here, but just looking at
> the syntax one would think these alternative lines should work just as well:
>
> PLUGFORMATS_SRCS: sh =if true; then echo *_plug.c; fi
> -or-
> PLUGFORMATS_SRCS: sh =echo *_plug.c

Can you try the following combination of settings? -

PLUGFORMATS_SRCS: sh =echo *_plug.c
PLUGFORMATS_SRCS += $(wildcard *_plug.c)
PLUGFORMATS_OBJS = $(PLUGFORMATS_SRCS:.c=.o)

If this works on all of the systems you tested on previously, then I'd
be tempted to use it (rather than other alternatives mentioned so far).

Thanks,

Alexander