Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 00:53:21 +0400
From: Aleksey Cherepanov <aleksey.4erepanov@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Aleksey's Status Report - #8 of 15

It is my 8 status report.

I finished my session and already started coding.

I looked through my notes and i am happy to say that all my ideas are
already on mailing lists.

I tried Qt a little.

My next target is to rewrite my john_simple_gui with Qt. It will teach
me about Qt's key points and then it could be used to compare Qt and
WxWidgets by some aspects.

On the other hand i will continue with Shinnok's Johnny. I think i will
set up a git repo for it on github. I hope to start coding of Johnny on
this week.

Of course for the first time my tasks in Johnny coding will be
small. Then i think it will be critical to have clear course what to
do. Probably me and Shinnok will be talking about it on the mailing
lists. Then we probably write out key moments to a wiki page.

Another idea is to write out our progress to the wiki page to have clear
development status.

Priorities:
rewrite john_simple_gui using Qt,
set up repo,
start coding Johnny,
describe course.

When i will be stuck with something i will change priorities or mix my
task with some useful reading (like Johnny's code, coding styles, git
tutorial).

Regards,
Aleksey Cherepanov