Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 19:03:06 +0200
From: magnum <rawsmooth@...dband.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: 1.7.7-jumbo-6

On 2011-06-09 09:15, magnum wrote:
> On 2011-06-09 04:35, Solar Designer wrote:
>>> machine has no problems building Jumbo-5 but it can't build Jumbo-6-RC3
>>> because there was a need for stdint.h (I only saw uint8_t which I could
>>> work around with ease)
>> Oops.  We should have fixed that.  Can you perhaps submit a patch
>> against -jumbo-6 now?
>
> This has happened before and will happen again. How about adding
> "stdint.h" locally

I just posted a patch that fixed all build errors for me as well as an
endian issue in rar_fmt that made it fail on Sparc. We now have our
"own" stdint.h. I wasn't planning on replacing getopt_long with plain
getopt but it was easier than I expected so I did that too. Everything
seems to work fine (ssh and pdf tests fine too on Sparc).

I also threw in an alignment crash fix for KRB5_fmt that we missed for
Jumbo-5 (it just happened to be aligned until now).

magnum