Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 09:15:10 +0200
From: magnum <rawsmooth@...dband.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: 1.7.7-jumbo-6

On 2011-06-09 04:35, Solar Designer wrote:
>> machine has no problems building Jumbo-5 but it can't build Jumbo-6-RC3
>> because there was a need for stdint.h (I only saw uint8_t which I could
>> work around with ease)
> Oops.  We should have fixed that.  Can you perhaps submit a patch
> against -jumbo-6 now?

This has happened before and will happen again. How about adding
"stdint.h" locally, with something like this inside:

#ifndef _STDINT_H
#ifdef __STDC_VERSION__
#include <stdint.h>
#else
#define _STDINT_H       1
typedef unsigned char uint8_t;
typedef unsigned short uint16_t;
typedef unsigned int uint32_t;
typedef unsigned long long uint64_t;
#endif
#endif

Then all future formats using <stdint.h> (and HDAA_fmt.c which has some
of the above inline) can be just changed to use "stdint.h". The above
suffices for now and if some future patch want something not included
here we can add that at the time.

Not sure if it's kosher but it will save us work in the future.

magnum