Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 22:04:07 +0200
From: magnum <rawsmooth@...dband.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Wrapping up Jumbo-5 (was Re: Ideas for jumbo-6)

On 2011-05-23 21:47, jfoug wrote:
> However, before moving down this road, let's get jumbo-5 finalized, and
> published.  We are 99% there.  Hopefully we can get some Apple/Mac build
> testing information soon.  That is really the environment that is missing
> from build and testing.

I have at least one more thing to add before declaring Jumbo-5 'final'.
I have encountered MPI bugs (not in John itself but in latest stable
OpenMPI or possibly triggered by a [supposedly supported] mix with
sligthly older versions) that made me make all MPI_Barrier and MPI_Abort
calls optional (as defined in Makefile). I really want this in there so
if W.A or someone else encounters a problem, we can configure that stuff
out without patching.

The patch does not change anything that can break Sparcs/macs/whatever
so it won't cause problems. I'll post it tomorrow.

magnum