Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 11:16:46 +0200
From: Simon <simon@...quise.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: intrinsics fixes fixes  (was Re: [john-users] john-1.7.6-jumbo-12-intrinsics
 fixes)

On 28/03/2011 22:13, magnum wrote:
> On 2011-02-23 10:10, Simon wrote:
>> Here is a version that should apply properly.
>
> Simon, there are a couple of problems with this patch, do you have a
> later version? I could post my current "instrinsics-fixes-2-fixes" or
> even an "intrinsics-fixes-3" but that may just add to the mess we
> currently live with so I guess it's better you do it?

Thank you for this, here is a patch that should address the problems. I
hope I didn't botch it up again, but this was also made with minimal
testing :)

> I like new Markov features and they seem to work as intended, except the
> pwd= figure will not reflect that minlevel is in use - is that by design
> or could it be fixed? It's just cosmetic, not a big deal.

It is easy to fix when start and end are the beginning and the end of
the complete search space. To do the same with arbitrary search spaces,
you would need more code to :
* get the password representation of the start and end limits for the
whole search space
* find the closest passwords for both ends in and excluded (or "min")
search space, and their indexes
* compute end-start+min_start-min_end

Download attachment "john-1.7.6-jumbo-12-intrinsics-2-fixes-3.diff.gz" of type "application/x-gzip" (6675 bytes)