Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 22:13:29 +0200
From: magnum <rawsmooth@...dband.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: intrinsics fixes fixes  (was Re: [john-users] john-1.7.6-jumbo-12-intrinsics
 fixes)

On 2011-02-23 10:10, Simon wrote:
> Here is a version that should apply properly.

Simon, there are a couple of problems with this patch, do you have a
later version? I could post my current "instrinsics-fixes-2-fixes" or
even an "intrinsics-fixes-3" but that may just add to the mess we
currently live with so I guess it's better you do it?

Here's a couple of things:

1. NT hashes are no longer recognised in pwdump format due to this
change in loader.c:

-       if (strlen(uid) == 32) {
+       if ((strlen(uid) == 32) && (fmt_NT.methods.valid(uid))) {

This is a good idea but since NT's valid() expects the $NT$ tag, it
never works. I just revert that change. Maybe you have a patch for
NT_fmt.c to be used with this?

2. In mkvcalcproba.c there is this change:

-                       printf("\t%d\t%d\t%"LLd"\t%d\n",k,i,index,l);
+                       printf("\t%d\t%d\t"LLd"\t%d\n",k,i,index,l);

Either this has to be reverted, or the defines changed to include the %
sign.

3. The salt fix in rawMD5go_fmt.c mentioned on the lists already:

-       fmt_rawMD5go.methods.salt = fmt_default_salt;
+       fmt_rawMD5go.methods.salt = fmt_MD5gen.methods.salt;

I like new Markov features and they seem to work as intended, except the
pwd= figure will not reflect that minlevel is in use - is that by design
or could it be fixed? It's just cosmetic, not a big deal.

cheers
magnum