Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 07:53:58 -0800
From: Alain Espinosa <alainesp@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: binary hashes and BINARY_SIZE

On 3/29/11, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:
>> I think memory usage/managment make an appreciable influence in
>> performance which a large number of hashes.
>
> Are you referring to cache and TLB hit rates, which are presumably
> improved with reduced working set?

This are an important part. Also choose stack memory or heap memory
make an impact in some situations. Other relevant are compacting
memory. Use one big chunk of memory in place of 2 or 3 medium or
small.

None of this is new but carefully choosing some of this can make a
good performance boost.

saludos,
alain