Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 21:45:14 +0200
From: Ɓukasz Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: fmt_params label

Hi!
I've build new format descriptor for sha256, and get into trouble. My
fmt_params label was equal "SHA256". After making john -test it looked
ok, format was benched with others. But when i did
 john -test --format:SHA256 i've got error saying : "Unknown
ciphertext format name requested". I've got a bit confused, so I
started to sniffing the problem. In john.c john_register_all()
function
 takes the format from options and make it lowercase calling strlwr().
After that format comparision fails, so testing uppercase labeled
format is not working.

Is it possible to add comment to formats.h saying that its better when
fmt label is lowercase?