Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 00:58:08 +0200
From: Bucsay Balázs <earthquake@...on.hu>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: "LM2NTLM"

Hi!

Recently I needed a tool, what makes easily case-sensitive password
dumps from Active directory. Sadly I couldn't find anything about it,
only a web-based manual "converter".
So I made for myself a tool for this, of course it's a john patch :)
First of all you have to crack the LM hashes what you get from the AD
with fgdump or something like that, after you cracked the LM hashes, run
this tool on the fgdump's dump file and the tool will search  the
case-sensitive password based on the LM hashes from john.pot and the
NTLM hashes from the file what was given to the tool.
The patch using the john's NTLM modul for cracking, and works like the
unique/unafs/... tools.

I would be glad, it would be merged to the jumbo patch.

LM2NTLM: http://rycon.hu/tools/john-1.7.6-jumbo-12-lm2ntlm-1.diff

Balázs Bucsay