Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 16:07:01 -0300
From: Yuri Gonzaga <yuriggc@...il.com>
To: crypt-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Yuri's Status Report - #12 of 15

> Unfortunately, it is nearly impossible to help you without seeing the
> corresponding source code changes as well.  Can you please post a
> "patch" showing your changes to BF_std.c (generate it with "diff -u")?

I was going to generate a patch to share with you, but it seems that the
password to access my account on picocomputing.com has changed.
David, do you confirm that?

Per David's comment from a week ago, are you sure you're including
> header files for the API rather than those for the drivers?

Yes, I am sure.

David - may I have access to the server that Yuri is developing on?

Althought, it isn't working by now, I can tell you details to connect to my
account.

It is a pity that the multi-core support won't be ready/usable for
> KoreLogic's "Crack Me If You Can" contest at DEFCON starting in just two
> days from now

Oh, I am really sorry for that.
If I knew before, maybe I could have used more effort for this purpose.

As to the main focus of our project, originally defined as password
> hashing for servers, I think we need to build such a password hashing
> method on top of Eksblowfish cores in FPGA initially - for proof of
> concept, to have a baseline, and to experiment with the interfaces.  So
> we will be doing multiple instances of Eksblowfish running in parallel
> even as part of a single password hash computation.  I still do think
> that we'll need to move to something using the FPGA more optimally, but
> we may do it at a later time - beyond GSoC.  At this point, it is
> unrealistic that we'll be able to complete this move in August, so it
> makes more sense to build upon Yuri's existing work on Eksblowfish.

 Agreed.

Thank you,

---
Yuri