Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 05:04:00 +0200
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: announce@...ts.openwall.com, lkrg-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: [openwall-announce] LKRG 0.9.7

Hi,

For those new to Linux Kernel Runtime Guard (LKRG), it is a kernel
module that performs runtime integrity checking of the Linux kernel and
detection of security vulnerability exploits against the kernel.

We've just released LKRG 0.9.7, available on the LKRG project website:

https://lkrg.org

The following major changes have been made between LKRG 0.9.6 and 0.9.7:

 *) Support new mainline kernels 6.4 to 6.5.x, and hopefully beyond
 *) Support new RHEL 9.1 and 9.2 kernels, and hopefully beyond
 *) Add RPM spec file for Red Hat'ish distros (usable via "rpmbuild -tb"
    on our release tarball)
 *) Add Arch Linux's /usr/bin/modprobe path to usermodehelper allow list
 *) Bootup script changes
 *) Continuous Integration updates

We are lucky that our previous release, LKRG 0.9.6, which was made in
Linux 6.1 days nevertheless worked as-is on newer mainline kernels up to
and including 6.3.  For 6.4+ and then 6.5+, we promptly added
compatibility fixes in git, which are now included in our new release.

Overall, the changes this time are not extensive, but they are in quite
some files:

$ git diff --shortstat v0.9.6..v0.9.7

They are by the following people:

$ git shortlog -sn v0.9.6..v0.9.7