Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2019 18:51:17 +0100
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: announce@...ts.openwall.com, passwdqc-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: [openwall-announce] passwdqc 1.4.0

Hi,

We've just released passwdqc 1.4.0, a new version of our
password/passphrase strength checking and enforcement tool set:

https://www.openwall.com/passwdqc/

We've also released version 1.3.2 earlier in December, without
announcing that one separately, so this announcement is about both.

Changes since 1.3.2 to 1.4.0:

Implemented i18n support in pam_passwdqc, contributed by Oleg Solovyov,
Andrey Cherepanov, and Dmitry V. Levin.  The i18n support is off by
default, it can be enabled if Linux-PAM is built using --enable-nls
configure option.

Implemented audit support in pam_passwdqc, contributed by Oleg Solovyov
and Dmitry V. Levin.  The audit support is off by default, it can be
enabled if Linux-PAM is built using --enable-audit configure option.

Both of these optional new features had been introduced and are enabled
in ALT Linux distributions, so this version is effectively upstreaming
the changes from there.

Changes since 1.3.1 to 1.3.2:

Compatibility for building with newer versions of glibc, where we now
have to define _DEFAULT_SOURCE for our use of crypt(3).  The problem was
identified and this change tested by Dmitry V. Levin.

Clarified in the man pages that /etc/passwdqc.conf is not read unless
this suggested file location is specified with the config= option.

Clarified the OpenBSD configuration example.

Escape the minus sign in the OpenBSD configuration example to make the
manpage linter happy, patch by Jackson Doak via Unit 193:
https://www.openwall.com/lists/passwdqc-users/2019/04/16/1

Alexander