Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 19:41:55 +0800
From: Barry Kauler <bkauler@...il.com>
To: sabotage@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: enter-chroot doesn't work

On 4/28/16, Barry Kauler <bkauler@...il.com> wrote:
>> WARNING: binutils failed to build! wait for other jobs to finish.
>> WARNING: make failed to build! wait for other jobs to finish.
>> 2016-04-28 17:57:56 done.
>> # ./enter-chroot
>> Entering chroot...
>> chroot: can't execute '/bin/env': No such file or directory
>>

> looking in <build dir>/src/logs/build_binutils.log:
>
> --------------------
> In file included from /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/sys/types.h:29,
>                  from ./cplus-dem.c:48:
> /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits/types.h:30: error: syntax error
> before "typedef"
> --------------------
>
> I'm running Quirky Linux 8.0, which is built from Ubuntu 16.04 binary
> DEBs, so the header that is being complained about is from Ubuntu.
>
> I am wondering what distro would be best to be running, for this to
> succeed?

Yeah, it is necessary to have the "right distro".
Now I have success, using Quirky April 7.2.1 x86_64.

Note, it is necessary to understand that Quirky Linux is a chameleon.
Quirky is a fork of Puppy Linux, which is also a chameleon.
Quirky and Puppy use the Woof build system, which builds them from
binary packages of any other distro.

Quirky 8.0 is built with Ubuntu 16.04 DEBs. Which is no good for Sabotage.

So, I booted Quirky April 7.2.1, which is built from binary packages
compiled from source in T2 (refer: http://t2-project.org/).
See my release announcement:
http://barryk.org/news/?viewDetailed=00270

Started Sabotage from scratch, new source download, ran:
# ./build-stage0

...this time it worked.

And the big moment:
# ./enter-chroot