Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 10:52:22 -0500
From: Ian Denhardt <ian@...hack.net>
To: sabotage@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Bootstrapping

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 05:08:51PM +0200, Ivan Kanakarakis wrote:
> hi there,
>
> I've seen this project some time now, and I got some free
> time so I thought, I'd try it. I went with the bootstrap option.
>
> both stage0 and stage1 failed. Some adjustments are
> needed to get everything compiled.

> I believe the scripts can be improved, for example
> not having to rebuild everything from scratch once
> an error occurs.

I'm guessing you used Chris's repo? I'm not surprised it doesn't build;
hasn't been updated in 7 months and pulls musl from git, So parts are
still moving. I'd be stunned if it hadn't succumbed to bitrot.

I'd love to see the project revived; For one thing it booted incredibly
quickly, and with C++ support in musl on the horizon, it might not be
too long before something based around it might really be viable for my
use.

I haven't looked at it carefully, but there's a more recent fork at:

http://github.com/rofl0r/sabotage

You might look at that before you get started fixing things; might save
some time.